Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Starting Conversation

You can use the expressions to start a conversation.
• Hi! ...
• Hello! ...
• Excuse me, ....
• I hope you don’t mind if ....
• Lovely/nice day, isn’t it?
You can use the expressions to extend a conversation.
• Really?
• By the way.
You can use the expressions to end a conversation.
• Sorry, I’ve got to go now
• I’m afraid I must go now.


Keken              : Nice day, isn’t it?
Winta               : Yes, it is. Nice weather we’re having.
Keken              : Look! This is a fantastic sight!
Winta               : Yes, I agree. I think it’s spectacular!
Keken              : The weatherman says it’ll be sunny today.
Winta               : Really? Let’s go camping then.
Keken              : I’m sorry, I’d love to but I can’t. I have to finish
my geography project.
Winta               : Oh, by the way, how was your vacation?
keken              : We had a great time. But during the trip. We had
a flat tire.
Winta               : That’s terrible.
Keken              : (bleep!) That’s my mobile phone. I’m afraid I
must go now. Have a good day
winta                      : You too. See you!

Taken from : English in Focus Grade VIII

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...