Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Cleverest Student


            Evi, who is the cleverest student in the class, doesn't go to school anymore. She has to stop studying because she cannot pay school fee.
Budi, her classmate, came to see her at home.
"Why don't you go to school again?" asked Budi. "Our teachers asked me where you were," continued Budi.
"I am sorry. Now I have to stay at home because my father has stopped working at factory," told Evi.
"I am sorry to hear that. I think it is not a serious problem," said Budi.
"Oh, not to me. What do you think if I stop studying," asked Evi.
"No . . . it is not a good solution. Tomorrow you and I meet our headmaster to tell about this. Are you with me?" asked Budi. At school they meet the headmaster in his office. The headmaster is surprised to see the two students in his office.
 "What's up? What can I do for you?" asked the headmaster.
"Excuse me, Sir. May I study here without payment? My father cannot pay my school fee. Because now he just stays at home after he has been laid off by the company," told Evi.
"Okay. If so, you may not stop studying here. All payments are my responsibility" said the headmaster. "You are a very smart student. I'm glad you still want to study in this school."
"Thank you very much. That's kind of you," said Evi happily.


                                                                                        Taken from English for SMA 2, 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...