Sunday, March 11, 2012

Invitation


You can use these expressions to invite someone.
• Shall we ...?
• Can you come to ....
• Would you like to come?
• I’d very much like you to come.

You can use these expressions to accept an invitation.
• Yes, certainly I will come.
• Absolutely, count me in.
• I would, very much.
• Yes, I’d like nothing better.

You can use these expressions to decline an invitation.
• I’m terribly sorry. I don’t think I can.
• I’m very sorry, I can’t.
• Thank you very much, but ....

These expressions are used to congratulate someone.
• Congratulations.
• Well done
• Fantastic

These expressions are used to compliment someone.
• That’s a nice .... (appearance)
• You’re looking good. (appearance)
• Wow. You’re very clever.

Taken from: English in Focus Grade VIII

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...