Monday, March 12, 2012

Giving Attention

These expressions can be used to give attention to
someone.
• Tell me what’s wrong?
• I suggest ....
• It’s okay. Let me .... (giving help)
• Don’t worry. I’ll .... (giving help)
• Would you like any help?
• You look in trouble, may I help you, Sir/Ma’am?

Examples:
Dialogue 1
Ane      : Polo, can you help me, please?
Polo     : Sure! What’s wrong, Ane? You look sick.
Ane      : I’ve got a headache, and my body feels cold.
Polo     : What? Here, I have a thermometer. Let me check your temperature. You have a fever, your temperature is quite high. I suggest you to see a doctor.

Dialogue 2
Yeni                 : kyu, can you do me a favour, please?
Kyuhyun          : Of course, what can I do for you?
Yeni                  : Could you buy some medicine for me? I’m not feeling well.
Kyuhyun          : I think you’ve caught cold. Don’t worry. I’ll buy you some medicine.

Taken from: English in Focus Grade VIII



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...